As student mobility plays an important role in the further development of higher education in ASEAN, the European Union (EU) and ASEAN have teamed up to announce today the opening of their second batch of scholarship for January-July 2017 intake. Undergraduate students in ASEAN countries interested in studying one semester in another ASEAN country are invited to apply for one of the 125 full scholarships available.
The scholarship scheme is part of the work of the “EU Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region, or SHARE, designed to encourage ASEAN student mobility and to test the application of an ASEAN-wide credit transfer systems.
Each of the 125 scholarships provides a fully funded, short-term (one semester) exchange of undergraduate students from selected universities across the region. It is open for students studying at participating universities in ASEAN countries, who have completed at least 2 semesters of study. The following universities have been nominated by their respective ministries of edcuation or higher education to participate in the SHARE scholarship scheme and therefore students from the following universities are encouraged to apply:
- Cambodia: Royal University of Phnom Penh, University of Cambodia, Phnom Penh International University, National University of Management Cambodia
- Indonesia: Universitas Indonesia, Universitas Diponegoro, Bogor Agricultural University, Bina Nusantara University
- Laos: National University of Laos
- Malaysia: Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Taylors University Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- Myanmar: University of Yangon Mandalay University, Myanmar Maritime University, Yangon University of Economics
- Philippines: University of the Philippines, University of Santo Tomas, De La Salle University, Ateneo de Manila University
- Thailand: Chulalongkorn University, Payap University, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thammasat University
- Vietnam: Viet Nam National University, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Ho Chi Minh University of Technology and Education, Hue University
All application details, requirements and deadlines can be found HERE