Plant breeding is an important field of research for improvement of yield and quality of plant production. The achievements of plant breeding have had tremendous on economic and national development. Advance techniques and tools would be able to assist plant breeders in their practice of selection and strategies for plant improvement.
This Conference will be its third debut of Plant Breeding Conference Series organised by the Genetics Society of Malaysia, which begun in 2012. Due to the overwhelming success of the First and the Second Conferences, we are pushing this Third Conference into a bigger role in strengthening plant breeding for the future.
This 2-day conference will address the latest advances in various plant breeding activities and its achievements. More than 20 keynote and invited speakers will be presenting their views and findings in this conference. The conference will provide opportunities and gather as many plant breeders, agricultural scientists, geneticist, researchers, academicians, biotechnologies and student to share their latest knowledge, experience and achievements in plant improvement programmes.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Authors are invited to submit papers for oral and poster presentations. Authors are requires to submit a full paper consisting a paper title, author(s), address and e-mail, abstract, introduction, methodology, results and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgements and references. The paper should be prepared using double-spaced New Time Roman with font size 12 and up to 15 pages, including tables and figures. The paper should follow the style of the Pertanika Journal of Tropical Agricultural Science (JTAS), Universiti Putra Malaysia. Instruction to authors and a sample of the journal manuscript can be downloaded from here. Submission of the paper can be made via online. The deadline for submission of the paper is on 1st August 2016. Acceptance of the paper will be notified in two weeks after receiving the paper.
- Abstract Deadline: 15 May 2016
- Abstract Acceptance Notification: 30 May 2016
- Full Paper Deadline: 30 July 2016
- Acceptance Notification: 30 August 2016
- Camera-ready Paper Deadline: 15 September 2016
- Early Bird Deadline: 31 August 2016
REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION TIPS
- Registration and submission of abstract, poster, full paper/camera-ready must be done electronically through the online submission system.
- For First time user, click on the “Registration” menu to create ConfBay Account, and proceed for conference registration by logging in the system. For existing ConfBay user, proceed Login.
- You must enter a valid email address. All notification will be sent via registered email.
- If you wish to make submission, please register as “Presenter“.
- Click on “Online Submission” menu to submit your full paper / manuscript, and follow the procedure.
- Before you proceed to register online, please ensure readiness of the following necessary documents:-
- For Student – Scanned Copy of Student ID
- For PGM Member – Please key in your Membership No.
- Manuscript – Abstract / Full Paper
JOINTLY ORGANISED BY:
- Genetics Society of Malaysia
- Faculty of Agriculture, UPM
- Institute of Tropical Agriculture, UPM
- Agro-Biotechnology Institute, Malaysia
- University College of Agroscience Malaysia, UCAM