Disruptive innovation describes a process by which a product or service completely alter the market with a new technology, eventually getting all the players in the industry either to adopt this technology or to disappear. A disruptive innovation is an innovation that creates a new market and value network and eventually disrupts an existing market and value network, displacing established market leaders and alliances. The term ‘disruptive innovation’ is used to describe innovations that create new markets by creating new categories of customers. He dose it partly by harnessing new technologies but also by developing new business models and exploiting old technologies in new ways. By contrast, sustaining innovation simply improves existing products. The Smartphone, for example, Apple iPhone, was a disruptive innovation as it completely changed the way customers used their phones and at the same time contributed to the obsolescence of the camera market, subnotebooks and mobile phones.
The conference, “International Conference on Disruptive Innovation”, draws attention to under-examined issues, rarely heard voices and under-represented scholarly perspectives in Supply Chain Innovation and other management disciplines. While open to all of your best work, this international conference seeks to encourage symposia and paper offerings that build bridges by:
- Increasing participation from technological and management driven contributions that have played an important role in disruptive innovations.
- Interdisciplinary papers with a focus on multiple levels of analysis are eagerly sought.
- Papers and symposia that include academic scholars and industry professionals coming from diverse locations and backgrounds are particularly encouraged, as the best way to foster cross-border dialogue is to include individuals from a range of backgrounds.
As the literature of Disruptive Innovations is increasingly growing, tremendous opportunities are available for achieving strategic competitiveness through strategic innovations in all areas of Disruptive Innovations. Understanding and absorbing the innovative practices is best done through dialogue. To the extent, this conference will emphasize interactive sessions, where the audiences are expected to play an active role where presenters seek to build on each other’s contributions. The conference committee fosters open dialogue and forum among and across all the areas of Disruptive Innovations.
- The objective of this conference is to be the main academic reference on Disruptive innovations research in South East Asia.
- Our objective is to bring together the most influential researchers and experts in the region for 2 days in order to discuss and exchange through workshops and conference on the latest challenges brought by disruptive innovations in various fields.
- Researchers and academicians will find here a place to present their latest papers and theories on the topic.
- The first conference will emphasize on Supply Chain management disruptive innovations.
- We will give also professional and industry leaders the opportunity to get another vision of their market and the future of their business.
- Corporate Governance, Accounting, and Finance
- Biosciences and Environmental Studies
- Industrial Engineering and Construction Management
- Transportation and Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Management and E-Commerce
- Information Technology and Telecommunication
- PROFESSOR DR. PREMKUMAR RAJAGOPAL
PhD (USM), MBA (UUM), BBA (RMIT, Melbourne), Dip.Mgmt (MIM), FSCM (BEM)
President, Malaysia University of Science and Technology, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- PROFESSOR DR. HASAN SOHAIB MURAD
PhD (University of Wales UK), MBA (Washington State University, USA),
BE (NED University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan)
Rector, University of Management and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- MR. BUGS TAN
Inventor / Author – UNCLE BUGS CREATIONS SDN BHD
Certified Trainer – UNCLE BUGS INVENTOR ACADEMY
Innovation advisor – AIN BIOMASS IND.
FELLOW – UNIVERSITY TECHNOLOGY OF MALAYSIA
1. Abstract Deadline: 25 July 2016
2. Abstract Acceptance Notification: 5 August 2016
3. Full Paper Deadline: 15 August 2016
4. Acceptance Notification: 22 August 2016
5. Camera-ready Paper Deadline: 1 September 2016
6. Early Bird Deadline: 25 July 2016
Website, Registration & Submission: http://submit.confbay.com/